Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I recently attended a seminar (advertised in local paper and held in hotel ballroom..) sponsored by an organization called the Senior Education Council from LA, CA.

The presenter, and president, Mark Diamond told a packed room of seniors that there was only one way to protect one's lifetime assets from the risk of nursing home costs or the expense resulting from catastrophic illness. He and his reps were willing to set up appointment with the attendees in order to explain this secret to them.

I had an appointment but wasn't able to keep it and since the rep left no name or number to call I was unable to let him know I couldn't be there. He has never called back. My question is: what is this big secret, what is the way to protect one's assets, is it a variable annuity?

Diamond really had people worked up during the seminar but I suspect that his motives were not as pure as he claimed. He told the seniors there that their lawyers, brokers and bankers didn't have a clue about the knowledge he was able to impart. Can anyone help shed more light on this subject?

Thanks, MJ

p.s. I have checked the yellow pages in LA and can find no such company, Senior Education Council, listed.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement