Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
P.S. The old tax collector in me has to ask why you didn't have the cash available to make your estimated tax payment without these contortions. You really should be setting aside the tax money from your receipts, rather than having to figure out where the money's going to come from when you have to make a payment.

Mr. Marti,

Your P.S. question is well founded, especially when I've been paying my taxes this way for 20 years. This is the first time I have been in this dilema.

I was told I would be receiveing a large lump sum by now. Since this would have easily covered my payment I reached out to help someone in need (medical bills/childcare needs etc.) knowing full well Jan 15 was quickly approaching. I knew I was sticking my neck out because the expected return had not arrived. I have been assured I will be receiving it on or about Jan 15 so this is my backup plan if I do not receive it by then.

Thank you for your assistance.

rturner
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement