UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: StockGoddess Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 63202  
Subject: Psycho Date: 9/2/2012 1:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
this was on 'Encore" channel the other night - the original by Hitchcock. what a masterpiece. Amazing camera work, amazing mood, amazing acting. i can see why it's a classic. Made my teenagers watch it too and they thought it was good. Fifty years old and still amazing.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: RetiredVermonter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 61897 of 63202
Subject: Re: Psycho Date: 9/18/2012 3:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hitchcock was amazing. A true master. Notice how he builds to a horror point, shocks or scares us all, and then suddenly relaxes the tension with some kind of humor or light touch, before starting to build again?

That was classy film work.

Vermonter

Author: StockGoddess Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 61901 of 63202
Subject: Re: Psycho Date: 9/18/2012 9:55 PM
Recommendations: 1
and then suddenly relaxes the tension with some kind of humor or light touch, before starting to build again?M

YES!

(mild spoiler)

Norman Bates is sinking the car in the swamp, watching it, WE are watching it as the car goes down and the mud bubbles up bloop...bloop...bloop...

And it stops.

The car stops sinking.

Norman bites his thumb nail, a slight sign of tension, we start speculating WHAT IF IT DOESN'T SINK? WHAT WILL HE DO? WHAT IF...

And at that VERY moment, the car starts to sink again, below the surface, and Anthony Perkins sort of smiles...but doesn't...it's very, very subtle.

HITCHCOCK! YOU PLAY WITH US!!

Loved it. Gawd, so many things like that.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement