No. of Recommendations: 12
For those few who actually remember that a few of us were actually "friends".....Charles left this board years ago.......but one of the true gentleman, in these parts, and appreciated by all.

KBM

I never even knew he was ill......just hadn't read him for awhile.
RIP Old Friend......."We" will miss you........more then you know!
Best Regards to Charle's family.......

KBM (Kent - aka friend)

Food & Drink / BBQ, Art of, Fun(ky), The
URL: http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25248564
Subject: Charles Robinson - crobinso
Date: 3/5/07 2:00 PM
Author: blford Number: 35778 of 35781

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just spoke with Charles' wife Karen and she informed me that Charles passed away after a lengthy stay in the hospital. His kidneys were shutting down, his lungs were full of fluid and he had an infection that the MDs couldn't cure.

The MDs did the best that they could for him, but Karen said that God must have had other plans for Charles.

Services will be this Saturday, but the Obituary will not be published until this Friday in the Washington Post. Since the WP requires a subscription to read the obituaries, I have signed-up for an account and will check them daily until I find his notice. I will then share any info that's included.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Oh wow, that's really terrible news. Thanks for letting us know.

-waterfell
No. of Recommendations: 4
Charles was one of the finest people to ever frequent this board and I'm quite proud to have considered him a friend of mine. It was a rare quality, and one that I value immensely, that he could laugh at how black he was, and laugh even harder at how incredibly white I am. The whole world could have learned a very valuable lesson from Charles. I'll miss him.

Anthony
Kent,

That's very unfortunate. Charles was (and still is) a very decent soul.

The Nationals lost their number one fan.

Thanks, Charles.

Carl
No. of Recommendations: 1
I'm getting that sense of a funeral where you see others you haven't seen in a while.

Hi, Moon.

Carl
Damn.

This is sad news indeed. Charles was one of the good ones.

I knew him here and I had the opportunity to know him a little off line as well. A few years ago Charles contacted me about buying some pecans from our grove when I spoke of them here on the Fool. I shipped him a half a bushel and he loved them, telling me about sitting in his recliner watching TV with the pecan box right beside him... just muching away. He sure loved good food and good people.

He will be missed by many... RIP Charles and of course my condolences to his family.
No. of Recommendations: 12
Thank you Kent for delivering this very upsetting news. You harken back to the early days of the Current Events board when many of us bonded in the shock of the events of September 11th and later as this Nation's War on Terror began ("For those few who actually remember that a few of us were actually 'friends'").

I was sitting at my desk after lunch and decided to browse through some posts when I came across your Public Notice. I was as shocked as anyone would be at the passing of a friend, especially someone who was so young. Charles' birthday was to be April 20 when he would have turned just 52. Instinctively, I picked up my phone and called my friend Moon (the "white man") and virtually blurted out the news. He and I sat shocked for a few moments and then talked about him for a bit. A little while later, I called my friend CCSand and told her, and then, I couldn't avoid the emotion and got "choked up."

Charles was a rare and gentle man. And in both stature and spirit, he was a giant of a man. He and I had grown together as friends and spoke often. Just this weekend I realized that I hadn't spoken with him for a while, and decided that I would. When he announced that he wanted to start his own small business (a car detailing business), I made a few calls and introduced him to the Asst. Dir. of Economic Development in Maryland. Before I moved to Texas, whenever I drove to Washington DC I would call him hoping that he would be available so we could actually sit and chat over a burger and a brew. We tried often, but alas, that meeting never did happen.

Among the "group," Charles was known and loved for who he was. He was a man of spirit and faith. Unlike what was written by Hawkin (no disrespect intended to you Harkwin), Charles stopped posting on this board because his faith and his practice of it was disrespected by someone from "the other side" who should have known better.

Those of us who, as Kent wrote, "...actually remember that a few of us were actually 'friends'" have now lost JohnGalt, EarlMEdwards and Crobinso...and very likely we have also lost Ray Bradish who hasn't posted or been heard from since November 2005. I guess that's what happens when you and your friends start to get older. You lose some of them. You sense your own mortality, and yet, somehow, you are "still standing."

I wrote a note to Charles' wife today to his email addresses and I hope that she sees it. It was a personal note. He is now where he knew that he would eventually go. I guess none of us ever really know when that time will come.

I am proud to be able to say that Charles W. Robinson III was my friend.
An "Excellent" eulogy.....that Charles would have luv'ed.....

Thx...

KBM (Kent)
PS: Goes on my Curmudgeon's Board for the future.
May he rest in peace.
One of the better souls in Fooldom.

--H
Thanks for letting us know.
He'll be missed.

Mark
Very nice post, SS.

Just wanted to say that.

Mark
Storm,
Among the "group," Charles was known and loved for who he was. He was a man of spirit and faith. Unlike what was written by Hawkin (no disrespect intended to you Harkwin), Charles stopped posting on this board because his faith and his practice of it was disrespected by someone from "the other side" who should have known better.

I vaguely remembered the above and spent some time yesterday trying to find the thread linked to the above to confirm it, I didn't.
Thanks Storm.
I think it's a shame he left this board after being slighted, there comes a time in a lot of discussions when it's best to back off, unfortunately that time on that occasion wasn't recognised, or maybe it just had to be played out.

My sympathy goes to his family.

Regards

Tony
No. of Recommendations: 3
StormWarning called me yesterday.

I will miss Charles and was sorry to hear this news. I will remember him as a kind, gentle and wise soul. I valued his presence on this board. He always had something to contribute, insights and experience to share. Above all, he was kind - even to those with whom he disagreed.

Please pass on my regrets to his family. I will keep him in my prayers.

CCSand
No. of Recommendations: 2
Hi CC,

Hope all is well.

Carl
A big "Thank You!" to Kent for posting this here about Charles and for sharing the link with me.

Charles' obituary has been posted in today's Washington Post Online. You'll need a free account in order to both see the obituary and to sign the guest book.

www.legacy.com/washingtonpost/DeathNotices.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=86753695

However, I did add the obituary info on his BBQ Fools page...

www.bbqfools.com/crobinso.php

...and I have been collecting Fool's posts for Karen to see.

ßillƒ
Advertisement