Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

Was going through taxes and publication 501 says you need to file if unearned income is greater than $850.

Last year must have misread and used the wrong column were it said for over 65.

This is for a kid who was 15 last year. As a consequence, nothing was filed for 2006. Unearned income was $970 for 2006.

What needs to be done for 06? Amended 2006 return?

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.