Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 796  
Subject: Publishing a family tree book Date: 8/15/2012 10:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
After 31 years of research, I'm finally going to print my family tree book. For some of the technology issues, see the posting on the Help with this Computer board--

http://boards.fool.com/self-publishing-with-word-perfect-302...

More later, once the deal is done.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: stevenjklein Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 711 of 796
Subject: Re: Publishing a family tree book Date: 9/23/2012 9:50 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Nu?

Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 712 of 796
Subject: Re: Publishing a family tree book Date: 9/23/2012 2:33 PM
Recommendations: 0
Nu?

The book is published and doing well. Printed 100; will ship no 60 tomorrow--day 20 after receiving book from printer. May do second printing. Listed book on ebay 3 times with different surnames and states in title. Sold one copy. Direct mailed 400 postcards (and emailed) to names in the book, contributors, and descendants. It seems to go in waves. One book is received and then others in that part of the family order. We shall see how it goes.

So many of us have been sold family tree books that turned out to be far less than imagined. The rip offs are out there. You can understand people's reluctance to be first. Give it time.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement