UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: photon99 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 66245  
Subject: Pulling out hair. Date: 5/27/2006 7:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I don't mean to whine, honestly.

I'm trying to help one of my groups put their calendar into Outlook. I thought I would try creating it on our Windows machine at home and then email it to their computer just to get a little headstart.

I'm using XP Pro, and Office 2002. The calendar didn't have the holidays installed already, so I downloaded the holidays. They're only available through 2005. So I started cruising the MS website and found a downloadable file that updates holidays through 2015. Downloaded it, ran it, it tells me it didn't find the expected program. Huh?

Guess I'll send them the events for the group and hope their computer has more current holidays.

*sigh*
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Azotic Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33192 of 66245
Subject: Re: Pulling out hair. Date: 5/27/2006 2:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Did you mean to post that in the "Help with this STUPID computer" group?

http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?bid=112909

-- Mark

Author: TwoCybers Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33193 of 66245
Subject: Re: Pulling out hair. Date: 5/27/2006 6:20 PM
www.Slipstick.com is the best source for Outlook stuff. I went there and entered "missing holidays" and got a list of 65 hits covering everything. The very first one (http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/holidays.htm ) seems pretty on target.

Gordon
Atlanta

Author: TwoCybers Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33194 of 66245
Subject: Re: Pulling out hair. Date: 5/27/2006 6:24 PM
Recommendations: 1
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=EA8DF27B-3130-47AA-AB09-E99F4BE721A5&displaylang=en

Suggests that you need to have SP3 for office to install this set of holidays. Have you gotten updates for Office?

Gordon
Atlanta

Author: photon99 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33218 of 66245
Subject: Re: Pulling out hair. Date: 5/30/2006 11:52 AM
Recommendations: 1
Did you mean to post that in the "Help with this STUPID computer" group?

No, not really. Thanks for the link to that board, which can be very useful. This is a place where Windows laments gain sympathy, and we share the "Whoa, aren't you glad you don't have to deal with that anymore" chorus.

;-D

Author: photon99 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33219 of 66245
Subject: Re: Pulling out hair. Date: 5/30/2006 12:49 PM
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=EA8DF27B-3130-47AA-AB09-E99F4BE721A5&displaylang=en

Suggests that you need to have SP3 for office to install this set of holidays. Have you gotten updates for Office?

Thanks, Gordon. I had not gotten SP3.

;-D

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement