Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: HarryCarysGhost Three stars, 500 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 788  
Subject: Purpose? Date: 9/20/2012 10:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Well that's a somewhat tough question.

Really we are all just units of energy rotating around the third stone from the sun.

So we might as well have some fun while were here.

Thus- this board.

Say Anything, let's discuss.
Cheers.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: blesto Big red star, 1000 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3 of 788
Subject: Re: Purpose? Date: 9/21/2012 5:22 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Anything.
There, I said it.

http://caps.fool.com/Blogs/dividend-contest/756130

http://caps.fool.com/player/foxforce5contest.aspx
BravoBevo in the lead and I dropped down some.

Sigh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Hzgzim5m7oU&vq=medi...

Author: blesto Big red star, 1000 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4 of 788
Subject: Re: Purpose? Date: 9/21/2012 5:40 AM
Welcome to The Motley Fool Message Boards, we're glad you're here. This board was requested by HarryCarysGhost, instigated by me. Apply now if you're not already registered for the Motley Fool Message Boards. These boards are the place to talk about all of the stocks in your portfolio, to make new friends, and to learn about investing with Fools from all four corners of the globe. If you have questions about how to use the message boards, click the 'Help' link.

Remember that a discussion board is like a garden. You have to take care of it in order for it to grow into something incredible. So, take care of this folder as if it were your own. Just go easy on the fertilizer. :)

Again, welcome, thanks for joining us, and have fun!

Author: Mary953 CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5 of 788
Subject: Re: Purpose? Date: 9/21/2012 10:32 AM
Recommendations: 2
I checked out the contest board with the comments for each stock and have picked the one I hope will win. Unless I am much mistaken, I am pulling for Bravo to win this thing. He has Coldwater Creek and while I would enjoy wearing their apparel for a day, I am not so sure he would look all that good in it. Then again, we would never know, would we? Best of luck to you Bravo. You appear to have more riding on this than the rest of us. ;)

Author: blesto Big red star, 1000 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7 of 788
Subject: Re: Purpose? Date: 9/21/2012 4:11 PM
Hi Mary!!
How do you like that "New" next to your name?

When you see HarryCarysGhost you'll see the CAPS AllStar medal and another Star that shows the number of posts milestones. My Big Red Star shows I'm over 1000 posts. I'm going for the Big Funky Green Star next for 5000 posts.
Every year on your Foolish anniverary when you post you'll get the Balloons next to your name for the day.

If you or anyone has any questions about how things work on the Boards, I'll do my best to answer them.

Best,
blesto

Author: HarryCarysGhost Three stars, 500 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8 of 788
Subject: Re: Purpose? Date: 9/21/2012 7:00 PM
Hey blesto, that was a sweet .84 divi posted by MTGE been following this company for awhile, and so far it looks good to me. Have not pulled the trigger as I would need to sell something to fully maximize the dividend.

My ports at the point where I really don't want to sell anything I got rid of some of the losers last year before tax time, holding onto a few shares just so I can monitor and evaluate my decision making process.

Hi Mary, Bravo really didn't state that he would wear the apparel. He's in one of my Fantasy Football leagues along with StarefireNV and Ultralong, so I saw the opportunity for some smacktalk and took it.

I kind of like Bravo's pick but I swore off penny stocks last year as they stopped working for me, losing money is not fun and I always say if your not having fun while investing your probably doing it wrong.

Cheers.

Author: blesto Big red star, 1000 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11 of 788
Subject: Re: Purpose? Date: 9/22/2012 12:15 AM
Ah, MTGE, an interesting REIT.
Check out this CAPS pitch; http://caps.fool.com/Pitch/MTGE/5983904/brought-to-you-by-th...

By law a REIT has to pay out 90% of profits. After a while the price may level out and trade consistently in some sort of range, but may be a great income investing pick.
If interest rates remain low, that range might be the high $40's to low $50's IMHO. I'm just basing that on their current Graham Number valuation of $49.49

I like REITs. I own RSO & PCH

Every now and then I check out the REIT board;
http://boards.fool.com/real-estate-inv-trusts-reits-100061.a...
Some very smart people over there.

Author: blesto Big red star, 1000 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14 of 788
Subject: Re: Purpose? Date: 9/22/2012 2:39 AM
I need to make a correction and add to my post count at the same time!

A Big Gold Star is 5000 posts. The Big Funky Green Star is for 20,000!

http://www.fool.com/help/index.htm?display=community02#Lucky...

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement