UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: THEMATHISNEAR Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 740007  
Subject: Put the shoe on the other foot Date: 2/10/2013 11:44 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Well, The One has asked for a 1% raise for all Government workers. Predictable, yes, but the Republicans should at some point make sure that the top 1% of Government workers do NOT get the raise.

It's only fair.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: THEMATHISNEAR Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 671036 of 740007
Subject: Re: Put the shoe on the other foot Date: 2/10/2013 11:48 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
Well, The One has asked for a 1% raise for all Government workers. Predictable, yes, but the Republicans should at some point make sure that the top 1% of Government workers do NOT get the raise.

It's only fair.

On second thought, the Republicans should make it revenue-neutral, by forcing the top 1% of Government workers to take a CUT to offset the 1% raise for everyone else. If the Government '1%-ers' have to take a 5% cut in their pay, well, that's the price of fairness. They should be more than happy to do so, since we're all in this together.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 671046 of 740007
Subject: Re: Put the shoe on the other foot Date: 2/10/2013 2:20 PM
Recommendations: 1
On second thought, the Republicans should make it revenue-neutral, by forcing the top 1% of Government workers to take a CUT to offset the 1% raise for everyone else. If the Government '1%-ers' have to take a 5% cut in their pay, well, that's the price of fairness. They should be more than happy to do so, since we're all in this together.

I do not think you are being either fair, or properly looking at the Obama mindset.

Logically, it seems to me, the best fairest and most equitable approach is to give them all an 1 percent increase, then target a specific tax at the top earners, that will cover their salary increase as well as that of those below them plus help take care of the federal budget.

Then since they are making more, they can spend more and save the economy. I am certain Krugman would approve.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement