Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: middlearth Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19413  
Subject: Q on LPs...any opinions? Date: 5/13/2000 12:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Does anyone here have experience with high yield Limited Partnerships that trade as stocks for income? I wonder about the security of their payouts. Any opinions will be appreciated. Thanks
Eddie
Print the post Back To Top
Author: bwhiteclu Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3914 of 19413
Subject: Re: Q on LPs...any opinions? Date: 5/13/2000 5:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
They are great for the promoters, bad for the buyers, imho. Expenses are high, illiquid, or if there are buyers, they buy at distressed prices. Lots of return of capital, lots of recapture of depreciation when the LP ends and is liquidated. I used to sell 'em, but I wouldn't buy one.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement