Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks on what a QDRO is but this does not answer my question, or I either did not clarify what it is I need to know.

Do I have to file papers to get the QDRO or does my attorney do it or does my ex have to do it??

And if it is done then will I have to open an IRA or just put it in the bank?

How quickly do I need to file papers if there is a time limit? (Divorce final 11/1/00
I appreciate all your help.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.