UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: michaeljc70 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75381  
Subject: QPP alternative - calculating correlation, etc Date: 10/10/2012 12:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am looking for a tool that I can put in some symbols (commodity etf, bond etf, s&p etf, etc) and their allocation percent and it will spit out an expected return, correlation, standard deviation, etc.

I previously had access to QPP and it worked great. I am wondering if there is something free that can do this.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TwoCybers Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 71046 of 75381
Subject: Re: QPP alternative - calculating correlation, e Date: 10/10/2012 2:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
So how did the Quebec Provincial Police - or was it the Quality Pork Processors provide financial data?

The two organizations are among to top Google hits for QPP.

Author: hildy Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 71047 of 75381
Subject: Re: QPP alternative - calculating correlation, e Date: 10/10/2012 2:20 PM
Recommendations: 1
Heheh... Don't you just "LUV IT" when someone posts a question for some "esoteric nonsense" question?

I used http://www.acronymfinder.com/QPP.html

but as you can see, it's NO BETTER at trying to guess what he's asking!

~hildy ;-)

MAYBE he'll be inclined to respond to these posts?!

Author: michaeljc70 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 71048 of 75381
Subject: Re: QPP alternative - calculating correlation, e Date: 10/10/2012 3:28 PM
Well, I said what I was looking for (portfolio correlation stats), so QPP is only relevant if you've used it.

QPP is a portfolio planning product by Quantext.

Author: michaeljc70 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 71049 of 75381
Subject: Re: QPP alternative - calculating correlation, e Date: 10/10/2012 3:30 PM
Guess this gave you no information:

"I am looking for a tool that I can put in some symbols (commodity etf, bond etf, s&p etf, etc) and their allocation percent and it will spit out an expected return, correlation, standard deviation, etc. "

Author: hildy Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 71050 of 75381
Subject: Re: QPP alternative - calculating correlation, e Date: 10/10/2012 3:50 PM
Recommendations: 1
Thanks for responding michaeljc70!

I Googled "product by Quantex and found some facts about what you used previously.

http://www.quantext.com/3QPPtrial.html

Request a Free Trial of QPP

Quantext offers a free trial of Quantext Portfolio Planner. If you would like one, please click the button or email us at:

Click here to request a free trial of QPP

tryqpp@yahoo.com
Subject line: QPP
Include inside of email: Your first and last name

You will receive an email with instructions for downloading a fully operational version of the software. All users of the software agree to be bound by our User Agreement.The trial will start from the time of the email and run through

System Requirements:

You will need an internet connection to run QPP.

This program is an Excel based program. Why? EXCEL is an incredibly powerful tool. You can perform full blown Monte Carlo analysis and a range of sophisticated functions in EXCEL. Using EXCEL helps to keep development costs down and to make it easier to update the tool with new features, etc.

For PCs: You will need Microsoft Office 2002 or newer. If you don’t have Office, you can download a free trial copy of it from Microsoft (link) but you will need to make sure that your operating system supports the trial of Office. For example, Windows 7 supports Excel 2007 and 2010 while Windows XP does not support these newer versions of Office. (Alternatively, we have had luck buying older, shrink wrapped versions of MS Office at a discount on eBay.)

--More--

Now that I understand it is an Excel based program, it doesn't help me to give you an answer to your original question; "Where can I find something like QPP?"

I have learned of several "customized" Excel based creations for different custom uses, but I'm sorry I don't have any better answer to your request.

Best Regards;

~hildy

Author: Hawkwin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 71051 of 75381
Subject: Re: QPP alternative - calculating correlation, e Date: 10/11/2012 10:24 AM
morningstar will do this. I think you might need premium access though.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement