Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: victorfarang One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121169  
Subject: qqq Date: 6/4/2001 8:13 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Good morning Fools:

Just a quick question: What are the tax consequences of owning shares of QQQ (the Naz 100 index). Is this stock traded as an actively traded mutual fund or a stock in which I may re-invest the dividends and thus postpone paying taxes on any gains.

I am considering buying this stock, and am researching into it. Should anyone know the answer, I invite him/her to email me at <victorfarang@yahoo.com>.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: irasmilo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 51469 of 121169
Subject: Re: qqq Date: 6/4/2001 8:24 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
QQQ is neither a stock nor a mutual fund, though it trades like a stock. The tax consequences are identical to owning a stock with the one exception (that I can think of) that you can short it without waiting for an uptick.

BTW, I don't know where you got the idea that if you reinvest your dividends you postpone paying taxes. Dividends are taxed when received.

Ira

Author: CABob Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 51844 of 121169
Subject: Re: qqq Date: 6/15/2001 5:24 PM
I don't believe that QQQ pays a dividend.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement