Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: lindanet Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19380  
Subject: qualified pension plan Date: 1/19/2000 5:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am considering transferring the pension plan of my small company. I assume I need someone to write up and maintain a legal plan so the IRS doesn't come knocking. I want it to have graduated vesting, and this seems to be the problem because it is "non-traditional". Does anyone have any suggestions for finding someone who is qualified to keep the IRS far away? I am also considering keeping the funds at Fidelity investments - any input?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TheBadger Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1654 of 19380
Subject: Re: qualified pension plan Date: 1/19/2000 6:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am considering transferring the pension plan of my small company. I assume I need someone to write up and maintain a legal plan so the IRS doesn't come knocking. I want it to have graduated vesting, and this seems to be the problem because it is "non-traditional". Does anyone have any suggestions for finding someone who is qualified to keep the IRS far away? I am also considering keeping the funds at Fidelity investments - any input?

You actually don't give us much to work with here. If oyu already have a pension plan then you should already have a qualified plan & trust. What's wrong with it as it stands?

If you are going to use Fidelity why not use their "regional prototype" or "volume submitter" plans?
Usually their charge is dirt cheap compared to hiring a benefits lawyer to draft & maintain a qualified single plan.

TheBadger

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement