Chase Slate Visa =$0.00

Sunwest Car Loan 2.49% = $12,938.74 min pmt $112.00 every two weeks
Sunwest Secure Pledge 2.30% =$207.51 min pmt $58.00 every two weeks

I am paid on Thursday as follows:
Chase Total checking $677.00
Arizona Federal savings $28
Sunwest Savings 2 $5
Charles Schwab:=$35

I received $60 cash for Christmas and was instructed my Mom and Dad to pay the secured loan with it and not to pay Chase or Ax with it.

Now why my cc are high is I had the 30K miles fluid changed on the car which cost me $654 and I backed out on the car and busted the driver side mirror in the garage at home which cost me $454.03 to get fixed.

Payments on Thursday as follows: $120.00 car pmt to Sunwest
Cash pmt Thursday $60 Sunwest secured loan
Payment electronically $418.73 to Ax.
Payment electronically transfered to Chase Freedom $ 138.00
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Now why my cc are high is I had the 30K miles fluid changed on the car which cost me $654

That seems awfully steep for a fluid change.
No. of Recommendations: 0
It also included replacing the incabin filters, rotating tires, aligning tires.
No. of Recommendations: 1
It also included replacing the incabin filters, rotating tires, aligning tires.

How much did they charge you for the cabin filter? Around here, the typical cost is around $75-$80. A cabin filter costs around $15-$20 and takes about 5 minutes to change. It is usually located behind the glove compartment. Paying a mechanic to do it is a ripoff.
No. of Recommendations: 7
A cabin filter costs around $15-$20 and takes about 5 minutes to change. It is usually located behind the glove compartment.

It is my observation that the location of the filter and the difficulty level of changing it can vary quite a bit from one vehicle to another.

xtn
from Invoice "Completed 30K service consists of replacing air, oil and cabin filters. flush brake fluid, coolant, fuel injectors, add eng oil booster. top all fluid levels, lube chassis, lock cyls, latches, hindges, and window guides. Rotate tires, and adj to 34PSI load test batt. passed 522CCA. Service bat term and install anti corrosion pads. Inspect, clean and or adj bratkes, parking brake, belt, hoses, lites, A/c operation w/washers, suspension stering, and drivetrain, mounts, tires, pressure was eng compartment, radiator and a\c consensor cores of bugs and dirt."

I used a coupon and received $30 off . The total was $643.97.

I hate the 101 some A**hole was within inches of side swiping me and getting me hurt again.
No. of Recommendations: 5
It is my observation that the location of the filter and the difficulty level of changing it can vary quite a bit from one vehicle to another.

The point I'm making is that you should do a little research on a car maintenance item since the repair may be easy at little cost. I have found cabin filters to be one of the easiest ways to save on car maintenance. For the OP's car, the cabin filter is right behind a side panel in the center console. There are easy to follow instructions on the Internet.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Now why my cc are high is I had the 30K miles fluid changed on the car which cost me $654 and I backed out on the car and busted the driver side mirror in the garage at home which cost me $454.03 to get fixed.

It's stuff like this that makes me thankful that:

A) my daughter is in a relationship with a guy who is a certified mechanic who does this sort of stuff for free for her and us. and

B)that I don't park my car in the garage ;0)

LWW
No. of Recommendations: 7
Turn signal fluid is REALLY expensive.
No. of Recommendations: 10

Plus if you own an import you have to use the metric turn signal fluid, which can be difficult to find in stores.
I once put left turn signal fluid into my right turn signal and it cost me a bundle to flush out the system.

Fuskie
Who thinks it's sometimes better to leave it to the experts...

Headlight fluid wasn't too bad.

(Headlight burned out because rain got into the headlight. Our mechanic was practical. Given the age of the car, he recommended drilling a hole in the headlight cover to let the water drain.)
No. of Recommendations: 4
Yeah, those Liquid Crystal headlamps aren't worth all the hype.

Fuskie
Who has to fill them up more often than he has to fill up his gas tank...
Who has to fill them up more often than he has to fill up his gas tank...

Shop at Kroger spend a $100 groceries with Kroger card and get .10 off gas.
When I bought my Toyota, I paid extra to have it converted to United States customary units.
I hate the 101 some A**hole was within inches of side swiping me and getting me hurt again.

Yeah, people drive on that thing like it's the Sprint Cup Series.
When I bought my Toyota, I paid extra to have it converted to United States customary units.

Imperial?
What kind of vehicle is it? That seems like overkill for 30K miles before you even consider the cost.

$640 implies they did the brakes on both axles plus the fluid changes. No car should need fluid changes(or brakes) aside from oil at 30K miles. Not brakes, not radiator, not transmission.

Do yourself a favor and get a K&N air filter. It will pay for itself in 2-3 service intervals before factoring in the improvement in fuel efficiency. And PSU is correct, cabin filters are typically a 5 minute job if you know how to use a screwdriver.

Mike
self servicing his cars since the 90's
And PSU is correct, cabin filters are typically a 5 minute job if you know how to use a screwdriver.

At least with Toyotas and Hondas, you don't even need a screwdriver.

PSU
No, but thanks for reminding me that if I ever drive in to Canada, I may have to get it converted again!
No. of Recommendations: 1
No car should need fluid changes(or brakes) aside from oil at 30K miles. Not brakes, not radiator, not transmission.

Interesting. So no allowance at all for duty cycle, huh? Just straight mileage?

xtn
Advertisement