Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: sirclayton Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 244  
Subject: Quarterly Pseudo Driping Bad? Date: 11/5/2001 1:11 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I wish to tell all the Pseudo Drip zealots and fanatics out there, that today, i painstakingly read all 232 posts and by doing so, am greatly enlightened.....
My question of concern is this, Should I invest monthly or quarterly?
There was 2 posts mentioning this, however, they were not adaquately answered for me....
I will tell you my situation.
I currently have an account with Share Builder.
for the 1st month, $1,000 ,, BAM is invested in stock XYZ
every month thereafter, $300 is invested in stock XYZ, or $900 quarterly would be invested into stock XYZ.

So, i could do $900 quarterly = 5 trades (counting inital $1,000)
5 * $4 = $20
$20 / $4600 = .43% commissions

or....

13 trades * $4 = $52
$52 / 4600 = 1.13% commissions

As you can see, not a great deal of commission cost for both plans, but which will be more beneficial for my overall return? Driping more frequenly, or less?

Any help would be greatly appreciated..
SirClayton

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement