UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: HedonistiX Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35387  
Subject: Question .... Date: 3/10/2003 2:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
H E L P!

I need to screen for the highest-yielding AA corporate bonds available in the market as of 12/31/2002 maturing on 12/31/2002 and the next 30 years.

What's the easiest way to screen those in Bloomberg or any website that can help me screen this?

CHEERS,
--H
Print the post Back To Top
Author: foobar73 Big red star, 1000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6617 of 35387
Subject: Re: Question .... Date: 3/10/2003 2:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I need to screen for the highest-yielding AA corporate bonds available in the market as of 12/31/2002 maturing on 12/31/2002 and the next 30 years.

Stocks trade on centralized exchanges, so it is easy to get quotes and screen for potential buys. Bonds, on the other hand, do not trade on a central market, and instead typically trade out of dealers' individual inventories. Even if you had access to quotes from multiple sources, you cannot be assured of actually being able to buy the bonds you're interested in, unless you have accounts open with all the brokers on your list. The easiest thing to do is to look at what your own broker has in inventory, and pick from what's there.

With AA ratings, there will be very little difference between particular issues, and you could do worse than simply picking any AA bond you're interested in at random.

Author: HedonistiX Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6619 of 35387
Subject: Re: Question .... Date: 3/10/2003 4:09 PM
Recommendations: 1
Author: foobar73 Date: 3/10/03 2:49 PM Number: 6617
With AA ratings, there will be very little difference between particular issues, and you could do worse than simply picking any AA bond you're interested in at random.

~~~~~~~~~~~

foobar73:

I actually am doing a bit of research for my boss trying to get a proper discount rate for issues comparable to our company's and found the answer to my own question.

Just in case anyone needs similar data, it can be filtered here:
http://www.bondsonline.com/asp/bondpage/corporate.html

CHEERS,
--H

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement