UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: PlasticLeo Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308791  
Subject: Question? Date: 6/14/2000 11:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Dear All,

I have a question for you guys.
What do you do when you just got sick & tired of paying bills after bills after bills, just got frustrated by everything, you just feel like screaming from the top of your lungs?
Blue's Clues told me to stop, breathe & think...
(works fine so far... :-) )

PlasticLeo
Print the post Back To Top
Author: LuluB Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36573 of 308791
Subject: Re: Question? Date: 6/14/2000 11:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
My frustration is not so much mortgage or childcare or even utilities and other bills like that. I get frustrated by my CC bills because I sometimes feel like I am getting nowhere. When I want to scream I get in my car, take a drive, play my angry music (such as Collective Soul) because it soothes me. I also talk to b/f because he encourages me and tells me he's proud of me. It's nice to have the pat on the back from someone who supports me.

I also do stuff with my daughter and b/f like the zoo, the mall (the one in downtown DC, not the shopping mall) and other free activities.

If I want to splurge I just pay the minimum on CC one month and blow the rest, but this is VERY occasional because otherwise CC would never get paid off.

I also log on TMF because everyone else is, or has been, where I am now. I love the advice and encouragement that I read here. It helps TONS.

LuluB

Author: jbubier One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36585 of 308791
Subject: Re: Question? Date: 6/15/2000 8:15 AM
Recommendations: 0
LuluB, hang in there. The payoff will be worth it.

Author: NylaB Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36587 of 308791
Subject: Re: Question? Date: 6/15/2000 8:30 AM
PlasticLeo said, "Blue's Clues told me to stop, breathe & think.."

Ok, what are our clues for today.. hmmm
A credit card
A budget
Scissors

Oh I know... use a budget to pay of the credit cards and them cut them up! ;)

I just figured out Blue's Clues.... because I'm really smart. :)

Nyla
who watches way too much early morning TV

Author: Bweaver Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36591 of 308791
Subject: Re: Question? Date: 6/15/2000 8:49 AM
What do you do when you just got sick & tired of paying bills after bills after bills, just got frustrated by everything, you just feel like screaming from the top of your lungs?

PlasticLeo,

When I was in that situation, I made a cup of coffee, relaxed, and looked at my debt reduction plan, reminding myself of the day I'd be debt-free.

It happended sooner than I'd planned!

Bruce

Author: criscarson Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36602 of 308791
Subject: Re: Question? Date: 6/15/2000 9:52 AM
What do you think I'm doing here now?

cc

Author: TexLaw Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36609 of 308791
Subject: Re: Question? Date: 6/15/2000 10:18 AM
Stopping, breathing, and thinking is not a bad idea at all. However, when I feel like screaming at the top of my lungs, and no one else is around, that's exactly what I do. :)

TL

Author: sdb2000 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36632 of 308791
Subject: Re: Question? Date: 6/15/2000 1:46 PM

Sometimes I look at the $5000 remaining on my car loan and get frustrated. I bought the car last Oct. and have made good progress (got it down from $12,000) but I've still got a ways to go. I'll often go out and work in the garden. Picking weeds and deadheading flowers are both free. Sometimes I get in a zorbert war with my wife... this is always good for an uncontrollable belly laugh.

Author: mlk58 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36730 of 308791
Subject: Re: Question? Date: 6/16/2000 12:43 PM
This is gonna sound horribly corny, but it's what I do so I guess I'll share it. When I get sick and tired of paying those bills after bills after bills, I stop and give thanks that I have the money to pay them (albeit much more slowly than I'd like). It kinda puts things in perspective...

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement