No. of Recommendations: 0

My previous employer did not offer 401(K) but instead offered us a simple IRA with partial matching. I have long since left the employer,
but I still have this simple IRA account. I currently contribute to a 401(k) through my current employer, but i have this other Simple IRA account sitting around. What can I do with it ?? Can i still contribute to it and get a tax break of some sort? Should I just leave it where it is ? (I am not very familiar with IRA's so I really don't know what I can do with it)

Any advice would be very appreciated

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.