Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: dpsligar One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 5987  
Subject: Question about BA Date: 12/28/2001 12:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Since it appears that BA is going to be a BI pick for 2002, what is the board's thinking on this question:

I bought BA last year on 1/9/2001 at 58 and change (it was a BI pick at that point also). I am holding it in an IRA account (taxes are not an issue). Should I:

1. Sell BA and buy it again (seems kinda dumb to do that).
2. Hold BA and do nothing.
3. Buy more BA (it's a BI pick, good earnings bogey (for now), and good 13/50-day MA signal).

I'm not sure which way to go at this point; thought I'd throw it out for the board to toss around. BTW, anybody know when the next VL update for BA is due (could it be today: last one was 9/28)?

Paul
Print the post Back To Top
Author: vkmath1 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3184 of 5987
Subject: Re: Question about BA Date: 12/28/2001 1:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I would hold BA for another 12 months. Not buy more, but buy the next one up on the BI list. Also, checkout jamie gritton's backtestor for the low book value screen: December top 2 picks were AET & Q, both selling for about 1/2 of book value.

kevin

www.gritton.org/ws

Author: ttx24 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3190 of 5987
Subject: Re: Question about BA Date: 12/28/2001 6:00 PM
Since it appears that BA is going to be a BI pick for 2002...

No, BA won't be a pick, it does not meet the earnings bogey.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement