UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ehgo Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 437  
Subject: question about free cash flow Date: 10/4/2001 4:38 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
i would appreciate it if someone could help me out.

my question is on free cash flow. one of the adjustments you make to net income in order to obtain FCF is to subtract increases in current assets. i was wondering since cash is also considered a current asset, if there's an increase in cash (let's say from disposal of PP&E) while the other current asset accounts remained the same, wouldn't you actually have to add the increase in current assets (ie. the cash account) to net income instead to obtain FCF??

thanks,

ehgo
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Chinwhisker Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 437 of 437
Subject: Re: question about free cash flow Date: 12/31/2005 3:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
a

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement