Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have tried to see if it would be possible to transfer my IRA funds
to a safe tax-haven outside of the USA. I am an American citizen who is retired and lives full-time abroad,and would like to avoid paying taxes legally,as I draw down from my IRA.
If I transferred my funds to a European country such as the Netherlands, or Switzerland or Austria...or the Bahamas
Since I do live abroad, and since dividends and withdrawals would follow the same requirements as any IRA, could this be an option that
ex-pats may use thus avoiding taxes upon withdrawing funds.
Thanks...I have not seen anything concerning IRA investments abroad...
other then the standard mutual,international,European, emerging markets,etal...
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.