Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have heard that the IRS, in requiring licensing of Tax Preparers, is looking at the Oregon laws as a starting point. Can you give me an overview of the laws there or point me to a source?

My only concern with all this (and the reason I have not gone for my EA) is I do not prepare any S-Corps, C-Corps, 1065 (other than one stock club), 990, estate, etc. I only do 1040 (some Schedule C). If an individual starts to get to the point where I do not think I can give them good service and advice on the Sole Proprietor business I send them to a CPA that I deal with.

Does Oregon require you to take all the tests even if you do not do that type of return?



PS: I feel confident that I could learn the material and pass the test but why if I do not want to do that type of return...
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.