UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: hockeymomof3 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 410  
Subject: Re: Car Needed?? Date: 3/6/2005 5:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Question is, if we are going to pretty much only go to Disney sites over five or six days, do I need to rent a car? I like public transportation, but I also anticipate wanting to go to one park in the am, go for a swim or a splash in the early pm then off elsewhere in the evening. On the other hand, I can see how a car might allow us to eat elsewhere or get supplies from outside.

For a visit of 5 or 6 days, I would not bother renting a car. If you arrange limo transport from the airport, you can generally work in one grocery stop on the way to your hotel which would allow you to pick up enough provisions for the duration. TiffanyTownCar would be one such service. Really does not cost much more than trying to take a taxi or "shudder" the Mears bus which will stop everywhere but your hotel before dropping you.

Disney bus service is 'pretty good' at getting you to/from your hotel to the parks. And with the range of dining options available at the parks and resorts, we never found the need to go offsite for our meals. The time it would take to get offsite and back has to be considered as well as breaking the Disney 'spell' that overtakes visitors to WDW.

Starting May 5, Disney intends to meet you at the airport and whisk you and your luggage to your hotel free of charge. The jury is still out on whether this will be a good thing...

Teri
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Apple

Wal-Mart Nixes Apple Pay
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement