Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Johnboy001 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 25316  
Subject: Question on 401k Funds Rollover Date: 10/17/2000 10:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
This is my first post on this board and I am beginning with a question. My question involves having 401k funds rolled over from my former employer's plan to an online IRA account that I have setup. I completed the necessary "funds transfer and disbursement" paper work provided by my former employer. It has now been nearly two months. My former employer and the plan administrators keep finding reasons why the transfer cannot yet be completed (none of these problems were mentioned when I first requested the paper work to complete the rollover). The first excuse I got was that the funds were going to be transferred to a new plan administrator so all funds would be frozen for the next month. After waiting out that month and then following up, I was told that the transfer to the new administrator had not been completed due to another type of "freeze"(?) that had been put on the funds. They have not yet let me know when I can have access to MY money, and I am becoming worried and frustrated.

My bottom line question is "What are the fiduciary responsibilities of my former employer and plan administrators to respond to my request? Isn't there some sort of time frame in which they must comply? What are my avenues to expedite this matter, and is there a formal government agency to complain to and to find out my rights?

Ok...so thats more than one question but its all the same thread. :-).....I would appreciate whatever help and advice my fellow fools can provide me with.

FOol-on and thanks in advance..........Johnboy
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement