Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
A friend of mine is now years old. He had earnings of a bout $10,000 per year for 6 years 10 years ago. He did not have to file income taxes because of the low income. Last year he was advised to pay taxes on those years even though he did not have to so he could collect social security.

Now he is be billed penalties of about $600 per(by the IRS)per year for the back taxes he just paid voluntarily.

What should he do?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.