Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
HELP! I have recently retired from my salaried positon. My wife has a small home-based business in which I help. We both have Roth IRAs. She files a Tax Form C for her business. How do I continue to show that I meet the Roth earned income requirement given that, while I can add my name to that of my wife on form C, there is only provision for one (her) social security number. It wouyld seem that I have no earned income from any way in which form C is completed.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.