UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: gapfan Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 461  
Subject: Questions Date: 1/22/2005 3:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
If anyone has questions they would like to ask me or someone else here, please feel free to ask. There are many, many AA related groups in Yahoo which deal with alcohol, but I have not seen that many here. I used to think that I was too "intelligent" to become alcoholic, and came somewhat close to killing myself to prove I could cope with life. Some neighbors did. So if I can answer any question that will help clarify for you that there are solutions to the depression, hopelessness, and other symptoms you experience that you are "treating" with alcohol, please ask. At least try something different before deciding that suicide is the only answer. I was in a mid-life crisis and did not realize it until much later. If the AA program is not better than your present way, you always have a choice to return to drinking. Please remember that AA is a program for people who "want" to quit drinking. (I realize that some people are "court ordered" to attend so is some cases the "choice" is somewhat limited, but that is not my point here.)

I am stating my own opinions here, I am not a spokesperson nor am I "selling" the program beyond stating that it works great for me. I am grateful it was available.

BB, I got sober in the Cleveland, Ohio area so that was more under the influence of Akron and Dr. Bob. Most of my meetings for my first 20 years were speaker meetings. I now live on the West Coast where more are step meetings or discussion meetings.

gapfan
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement