Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (36) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TwinDeltaTandem Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 195882  
Subject: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/7/2001 8:26 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
This thread picks up on the Mormon sermon thread, which became more about Catholic apologetics.

Question for you: Why do some non catholic churches name their church St. Jerome or St. "whatever" when they seem (to me) to deny them otherwise?

It depends on the traditions of the denomination. Often, the saint after whom the church, etc., is named is a saint of that particular denomination. It could be an apostle or other figure from the Bible, or a saint of the early pre-schism church.

I'm not really sure what you mean by "deny them." A protestant denomination would not name a church after a "recent" saint of the Catholic church--why would they? Would the Catholic church name something after a protestant saint? But this doesn't mean that protestants believe a particular Catholic saint to be damned.

Mother Teresa is a great example of a Catholic who is held in almost universal high regard by protestants. In fact, I can't tell you how many sermons I've heard that have focused on her. Her singular focus on Christ is what appeals to me the most.

I would advise is caution on your part as to how you treat God's mother.

This reminds me of that margerine commercial "It's not nice to fool mother nature!"

When you say "God's mother" you mean something different than I. That being said, your underlying presumption is that I'm treating God's mother in a bad way. I'm not. All generations will call her blessed. I call her blessed. Being concerned for people who seem to place their faith in Mary is in no way disrespectful to Mary. I'm aware of no prayer uttered in the Bible to anyone other than God. That's not to say that Mary no longer exists. Does she hear your prayers? I don't know. If she does, will she pass them on to Christ? I don't know. But there's not a single example in scripture of anything like this happening, is there? An idol is anything that comes between me and God. Could it be that Mary has become an idol? I think that perhaps she has.

TDT
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: GoDucks2001 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64551 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/7/2001 10:16 AM
Recommendations: 1
When you say "God's mother" you mean something different than I.

When I, a Catholic, say it, I mean "theotokos," literally "God-bearer, what do you mean?

Author: glampig Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64554 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/7/2001 10:20 AM
Recommendations: 8
This might be a good time to link my favorite apologetics site. It's got a bit of something for everybody. With this one, you can check out your own team's positions as well as the competition. This is good. Every GOOD coach, business person, or military leader knows his own side's strengths and weaknesses. The BEST in these areas knows what the opponent is up to, also.

The first part of this site is dedicated to Catholic apologetics. Protestans who wonder how in the world Catholics can hold such ridiculous ideas would do well to spend some time here.

The Anti-Catholic sites are further down. Catholics should not be afraid to read these. As it turns out, Protestants have (we think) valid reasons for not being Catholic. We're not all Jack Chick over-reactionaries.

The most rabid Anti-Catholic sites are at the bottom. No reasonable Protestant apologist takes the claims of these sites seriously. Don't read 'em after eating a full meal.

All Christians might scope out the Challenges to Christianity section toward the middle. As it turns out, others have valid reasons for not being Christian, even though we obviously don't agree with them. WARNING: the "Atheists on Christian Apologists" link may hurt your feelings.

Rick, the glampig

http://hometown.aol.com/philvaz/FavCath.html

Author: TwinDeltaTandem Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64556 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/7/2001 10:25 AM
Recommendations: 0
I'll accept "God-bearer."

TDT

Author: joenodoe Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64573 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/7/2001 11:53 AM
It depends on the traditions of the denomination. Often, the saint after whom the church, etc., is named is a saint of that particular denomination. It could be an apostle or other figure from the Bible, or a saint of the early pre-schism church.

Ok, but it seems "Saint" is always a Catholic "thing", something that many non Catholics do not understand about as many of them think we worship them or pray to their statues/pictures. IOW, I always had the impression that non Catholics had the wrong idea about them and always find it odd when I see a Church named after a Saint that was cannonised in the Catholic Church.

This reminds me of that margerine commercial "It's not nice to fool mother nature!"

I never heard of such a thing, I hope you get over it.

When you say "God's mother" you mean something different than I. That being said, your underlying presumption is that I'm treating God's mother in a bad way. I'm not. All generations will call her blessed. I call her blessed. Being concerned for people who seem to place their faith in Mary is in no way disrespectful to Mary. I'm aware of no prayer uttered in the Bible to anyone other than God. That's not to say that Mary no longer exists. Does she hear your prayers? I don't know. If she does, will she pass them on to Christ? I don't know. But there's not a single example in scripture of anything like this happening, is there? An idol is anything that comes between me and God. Could it be that Mary has become an idol? I think that perhaps she has.

Anytime anyone thinks that Catholics - any Catholic - worships Mary, it only shows that they know absolutely ZERO about Catholics. It is a very sad thing that people think/say rediculous things like this as there is nothing farther from the truth. If one truly wants to see what the Catholic does see in Mary, one needs to be one I guess because there seems to be no explanation that would suffice anyone who has a mindset that is like yours....not to critisize you, you are just a prime example of the majority of non catholics so please, don't take it wrong as I have no ill will toward you at all.

In the Bible, I mean the Catholic Bible - the one that was here first and still has all the books and has not been mis translated to the point of changing any original meanings (ref. Luke 2:14), in THAT Bible, thats where one would start to find answers to qustions, to read anyother will not accomplish what it was meant to.

Other denominations have men as their founders and thats who is followed, they lost the faith (as in - saved by grace through faith)the beliefs are different, the creeds are different - the Bible is different yet, to live by the Bible, one would think they should read the one that has not lost any books - however, there are arguements as far as that goes too. It all depends on the person doing the seeking and the obstacles they encounter. The point to all of this is that God's mother, wife and daughter is below God, but above Her is only God.
As a child, I went to my mom when I needed somthing she would get it from my dad if it was ok - so to me, it is only natural to know that Mary is our Blessed mother and will do all she can and is a great mediator to have on your side - thats what God wants, but you won't find it too easy in the wrong bible.

That being said, I am no authority on the matter, just Catholic and am still seeking.

Author: iampunha Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64594 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/7/2001 12:50 PM
Recommendations: 2
Re: Catholic/Christian apologetics, I feel it prudent to point out one reason I have been given for why people do not call themselves Christian:

It automatically associates them, in casual conversations, with so many bad things that have been done "in the name of" our religion. Crusades, inquisition, etc.

I can't say that it's a bad point. And that makes me very sad.

In a bushel of apples, one bad can make a person forgoe apples forever.

Author: GoDucks2001 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64595 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/7/2001 12:51 PM
Amen and Amen!

Author: TwinDeltaTandem Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64601 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/7/2001 12:57 PM
joenodoe,

Your response seems to be based on my ignorance of the Catholic Bible and the books that aren't recognized by most protestant denominations. OK, I'm willing to consider the passages from the Catholic Bible that deal with people of the Bible praying to anyone other than God.

Perhaps you could share these passages with me?

TDT

(One who must not be saved)

Other denominations have men as their founders and thats who is followed, they lost the faith (as in - saved by grace through faith)

Author: GoDucks2001 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64604 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/7/2001 1:01 PM
"...praying to anyone other than God."

TDT:

There's where you're missing it...we don't pray to anyone other than God. We pray with, and in agreement with, the saints...not TO them!

Do you see the difference there?

Author: TwinDeltaTandem Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64612 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/7/2001 1:18 PM
Ducks,

I missed your reply earlier.

OK, then I'll just alter my question.

Is there any example anywhere in the scriptures of someone praying with a dead person?

TDT

Author: joenodoe Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64638 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/7/2001 2:10 PM
Your response seems to be based on my ignorance of the Catholic Bible and the books that aren't recognized by most protestant denominations. OK, I'm willing to consider the passages from the Catholic Bible that deal with people of the Bible praying to anyone other than God.

Perhaps you could share these passages with me?

TDT,

I cannot find my copy - yet but this book has many references to the Bible in regards to Mary.

http://www.sacredheart.com/BookTheGloriesOfMary.htm

Author: TwinDeltaTandem Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64639 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/7/2001 2:17 PM
Do you know if it references passages in which people pray to/with deceased people?

TDT

Author: joenodoe Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64646 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/7/2001 2:25 PM
Do you know if it references passages in which people pray to/with deceased people?

LOL of course it does not have that - but it was written by Saint Alphonsus and I cannot even begin to do it justice - will look for a link to post if there is one.....no luck yet.

Author: HisDelight Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64718 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/7/2001 10:32 PM
Recommendations: 18
I haven't followed this much today and it's doubtful I will be here that much for the forseeable future. Tonight my eyes hurt so much they burn, I don't feel good, but

"Do you know if it references passages in which people pray to/with deceased people?"

That's one thing that confuses me (especially now) about Protestants. I was taught growing up that Christians go to heaven when they die. Maybe I was mis-taught in the Baptist church (?) but if Protestants believe Christians go to heaven when they die, why do they then turn around and accuse Catholics of talking to "dead" people??

Do saints in heaven hear our prayers? Yes, they do. Rev. 5:8 "Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints."

While it's essential that we pray directly to Jesus, it is not wrong to ask others to pray on our behalf. It is not necromancy. I asked today, right here. I prayed on my own, too. Intercession is scriptural, it is not infringing on our special and vital personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It was not wrong to ask this board, and it would not be wrong to ask a saint. If saints are "dead people", in my opinion we'd all better rethink what we're saying happens to us after we die.

That's about all I can muster this time around.

Author: TheBipolarBear One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64719 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/7/2001 10:33 PM
Excellent response.

GoDucks2001...who has been suspended becuase he reacted to someone deriding him for his Bipolar illness.

Author: HisDelight Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64739 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/8/2001 8:06 AM
Recommendations: 15
(Hijacking this from another thread)

The Assumption of Mary

Joenodoe: "Mary did not die."

That isn't what I'm learning and you're not making a point when you later went on to say "the Second Vatican Council taught in the Dogmatic Constitution Lumen Gentium that "the Immaculate Virgin, preserved free from all stain of original sin, was taken up body and soul into heavenly glory, when her earthly life was over, and exalted by the Lord as Queen over all things...."

Saying that she was exalted when her earthly life was over does not say that she did not die first. Further, her death would do nothing to invalidate the assumption. I also want to be clear about the difference between Jesus' ascension and Mary's assumption. Jesus ascended by His own power. Mary had no such power, that power belongs to God alone.

I do not believe that the concept of assumption is unscriptural.
Matthew 27: 52-53: "...and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many."

What happened to these bodies that were raised after they went into the holy city and made their appearances to many? Did they have to die again and be buried again? I don't think so. It doesn't say, but I don't think so.

I'm going to try to get a chance to ask more about this today. I have a hard enough time keeping my train of thought when life is "normal" so I'm even further challenged now. I doubt I'll be around today, my responses are going to be hit or miss, but I'll do my best. Someone else can probably do a better job than I can anyway.

Pam

Author: HisDelight Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64740 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/8/2001 8:20 AM
P.S.

I don't think I need to remind anyone that I am not Norm, Bryan, hermonster, BPBear...what I'm trying to say is that I'm in my beginning stages. One of them might correct me on fine points, but I hope not on huge points. I know what I believe but sometimes I realize I don't use specific words correctly. It's very hard for me to concentrate for very long, my thoughts want to go elsewhere. I think I'm doing "okay", though. I'm trying.

Now I have to leave.

Pam

Author: Urban123 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64750 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/8/2001 9:37 AM
Blessed Pam said: "One of them might correct me on fine points, but I hope not on huge points. I know what I believe but sometimes I realize I don't use specific words correctly."

Oh, Pam, your faith is evident even to me! *smile* Be assured, God knows the depth of your conviction and sincerity in your heart, and that's all that really matters. No need to qualify your answers. Just continue to seek the wisdom of the Holy Spirit with a pure heart and intention.

Your loving brother,
Urban

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64751 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/8/2001 9:40 AM
Recommendations: 3
<<Oh, Pam, your faith is evident even to me! *smile* Be assured, God knows the depth of your conviction and sincerity in your heart, and that's all that really matters. No need to qualify your answers. Just continue to seek the wisdom of the Holy Spirit with a pure heart and intention.>>

Ditto, your offhand remarks are more accurate than many studied posts on this board!

Author: Jeffreyw Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64784 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/8/2001 11:53 AM
>>Do saints in heaven hear our prayers? Yes, they do. Rev. 5:8 "Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints."<<

Rev 5:8 is a future event, it occurs AFTER the resurrection of the saints and the rapture of the Church. These prayers could also be prayers made by the saints during their lives on earth and held for this future event.

Dead people can't pray.

Jeffrey

Author: beejous Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64786 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/8/2001 12:05 PM
Recommendations: 6
<< Dead people can't pray. >>

Jeffrey,

How is it that dead people can express joy but cannot pray?

Luke 15:7
I tell you, in just the same way there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who have no need of repentance.

In Christ,
Bryan

Author: TheBipolarBear One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64798 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/8/2001 12:28 PM
Recommendations: 4
Dead people can't pray.

True, but the souls of the departed saints most assuredly can and do.

Author: Jeffreyw Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64800 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/8/2001 12:30 PM

I tell you, in just the same way there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who have no need of repentance.

Bryan,

Key words "will be" indicate a future event. This will be after the rapture and resurrection of the saved. This joy in heaven may apply to angels and God (who are not dead) as well, not necessarily people.

Jeffrey

Author: TheBipolarBear One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64801 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/8/2001 12:31 PM
Key words "will be" indicate a future event.

I think this varies from translation to translation.

Author: joenodoe Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64825 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/8/2001 1:27 PM

Bryan,

Key words "will be" indicate a future event. This will be after the rapture and resurrection of the saved. This joy in heaven may apply to angels and God (who are not dead) as well, not necessarily people.

Jeffrey

Rev. 5:8 And when he had opened the book, the four living creatures, and the four and twenty ancients fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints

Author: beejous Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64851 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/8/2001 3:29 PM
Recommendations: 5
<< Key words "will be" indicate a future event. This will be after the rapture and resurrection of the saved. This joy in heaven may apply to angels and God (who are not dead) as well, not necessarily people. >>

Jeffrey,

What's the point of this? After the resurrection, when everyone is either in heaven or hell, why would there be joy over sinners repenting, when all the repentant sinners are already there? Wouldn't the joy actually be for the beatific vision?

Jesus was using the future tense because he hadn't even opened the gates of heaven yet, not having been crucified, resurrected and ascended at that point.

In Christ,
Bryan

Author: HisDelight Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64908 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/8/2001 6:59 PM
Recommendations: 16
"Dead people can't pray."

No they can't, you're right. Problem is, I'm not talking about dead people, I'm talking about Christians. I'm a Christian. God is my God while I'm on this earth, He'll be my God when I leave this earth and according to Matthew 22:32 "God is not the God of the dead but of the living". Christians are not dead people. Christians can pray.

"These prayers could also be prayers made by the saints during their lives on earth and held..." I see in John 8:31 "Now we know that God does not hear sinners, but if anyone is a worshipper of God and does His will, He hears them." I've always believed that if I pray to God my prayers go directly to Him, right then, right there. You say prayers could be "held"? New concept to me...

Pam

Author: Jeffreyw Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64951 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/9/2001 8:17 AM
>>I've always believed that if I pray to God my prayers go directly to Him, right then, right there. You say prayers could be "held"? New concept to me...<<

Really? It must be nice to have all of your prayers answered immediately. There are many verses in the bible that ask "How long?" wondering when God will judge the wicked or answer the prayers of the righteous. Not a new concept in the bible. It took God 40 years and a whole new generation to enter the promised land after He freed them from Egypt. It took 400 years from the last prophet until Jesus was born. Were there no prayers of righteous people for 400 years?

Jeffrey

Author: HisDelight Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64952 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/9/2001 8:24 AM
Recommendations: 7
"It must be nice to have all of your prayers answered immediately..."

Nice try, but I didn't say "answered". When I pray, He hears my prayers right then and there, they go directly to Him as I pray, He doesn't put them on "hold".

Author: Jeffreyw Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64960 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/9/2001 9:04 AM
>>"It must be nice to have all of your prayers answered immediately..."

Nice try, but I didn't say "answered". When I pray, He hears my prayers right then and there, they go directly to Him as I pray, He doesn't put them on "hold". <<

This was the verse being discussed:
NIV Revelation 5:8 And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.

You said prayers being held was a new concept to you. If they are heard immediately (and I believe they are, so we agree on that much), but they are not acted upon or answered at that time, are they not held? Are they simply discarded? Has God never delayed in answering prayers? Of course He has, and continues to delay even today as the verse above makes clear.

Try answering my posts as if you did not know the author, then you can be more objective.

Jeffrey

Author: HisDelight Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64961 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/9/2001 9:10 AM
Dear Pot,

"Try answering my posts as if you did not know the author, then you can be more objective." *LOL*

And what, pray tell, do you do?

Author: Jeffreyw Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64964 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/9/2001 9:17 AM
Pam,

My apologies to you and the participants of this board. I'll leave you all in peace once again.

Jeffrey

Author: hermonster Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65075 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/9/2001 4:17 PM
GoDucks2001...who has been suspended becuase he reacted to someone deriding him for his Bipolar illness.

?

So Ken's handle is now BipolarBear?

Slow Jon

Author: hermonster Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65079 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/9/2001 4:24 PM
Pam:

I think I'm doing "okay", though. I'm trying.

Whenever I'm navigating the CF Board, I always make sure I stop and read your posts, which always insightful and help me see my faith better. You and Becky bring a personal element to this board that I value very much. And your wit has few rivals on this Board.

Despite the tough times you're going through, the patience you're showing in expressing your faith is inspiring.

Thanks for your presence on this Board.

Jon

Author: TheBipolarBear One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65094 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/9/2001 4:44 PM
So Ken's handle is now BipolarBear?

Until tomorrow. :-(

Author: HisDelight Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65162 of 195882
Subject: Re: Questions about Catholic Apologetics Date: 11/9/2001 8:11 PM
Jon,

That is so nice of you, thank you. God knows I needed a smile on my face, because I'm "hit-and-miss"-ing posts tonight (way too many!) and I stopped on yours. God bless you for taking the time to write that. And you're right about Becky, she's a hoot. All I have to do is see her name on this board and I smile. She's got to be about the most open and unpretentious person I know, she's a sweetie.

Thank you again, you cheered me up.

Have a great weekend!

Pam

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (36) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement