Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: whatismyoption Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1255  
Subject: Quick Look Date: 3/7/2007 2:07 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
HLIT Harmonic
Reuters Take
Brief Description: Harmonic Inc. designs, manufactures and sells products and systems that enable network operators to provide a range of interactive and advanced digital services that include digital video, video-on-demand (VOD), high-definition television, high-speed Internet access and telephony. The Company's products generally fall into two categories: video processing products, and edge and access products. In addition, Harmonic provides network management software and has introduced new application software products. The Company also provides technical support services to its customers worldwide. Its video processing products provide broadband operators with the ability to accept a variety of signals from different sources in different protocols, and to organize, manage and distribute this content to maximize use of the available bandwidth.

Financial Synopsis: For the six months ended 30 June 2006, Harmonic Inc.'s revenues decreased 17% to $109.5M. Net loss totalled $8.1M, up from $824K. Revenues reflect increased sales revenue. Net loss reflects decreased gross margins, higher research and development expenses and increased provision for income taxes. HLIT is a provider of digital video, broadband optical networking and IP delivery systems to cable, satellite, telecom and broadcast network operators.

Hey do your other companies have an Emmy? http://tinyurl.com/y343ho Well HLIT does.

Yes the valuation sucks, but with current qtr growth estimates of 550.0% who cares ;-) Seriously I'm only recing this as it has been in my real portfolio since May 04 and it's way overdue for a review. This rec should force me to do that. After a quick look the other reason is I reckon it deserves more than two stars in this crazy CAPS world. This baby provides the balance to my NFLX holding, both could succeed, but if NFLX goes down HLIT will be the one providing the technology to do it.

Earnings HistoryDec-05Mar-06Jun-06Sep-06EPS Est-0.02-0.01-0.020.04EPS Actual-0.02-0.040.000.10 Difference 0.00-0.030.020.06 Surprise % 0.0% -300.0% 100.0% 150.0%
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement