UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Donna405 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10363  
Subject: Quickbooks Pro 2003 Date: 11/4/2004 2:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am suffering from a retarded brain. I backed up my company file in Quickbooks Pro 2003, and now am having a problem restoring it to another computer. What am I doing wrong?

When backing up, do I back up "all files"? When restoring, what is the procedure? I had no problem backing up from this computer onto A disks (2) and restoring to my laptop. I then backed up from the laptop, after working within the file, and want to restore it to this computer, but it will not fully restore.

Thanks,

Donna
Print the post Back To Top
Author: MFDnSC Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5322 of 10363
Subject: Re: Quickbooks Pro 2003 Date: 11/4/2004 3:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
IIRC, when I had to rebuild a clients PC there was one file involved and all I did was load that file onto the pc and then just open it with File open

Author: torobravo2003 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5323 of 10363
Subject: Re: Quickbooks Pro 2003 Date: 11/4/2004 3:06 PM
This is not an area that I am an expert on, but did you copy the file from the CD or disk to your hard drive and then try to restore from the file on your hard drive? If not, try that. Sometimes, programs cannot read directly off of the CD or disk but need to look at a file on the hard drive.

ToroBravo2003

Author: Donna405 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5324 of 10363
Subject: Re: Quickbooks Pro 2003 Date: 11/4/2004 3:14 PM
There is a "backup" and a "restore" option under the File Menu. I backed up under "backup" which required 2 3-1/2 inch diskettes. However, when attempting to restore, it is not working. I can't figure out what I did wrong.

Donna

Author: MFDnSC Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5325 of 10363
Subject: Re: Quickbooks Pro 2003 Date: 11/4/2004 3:24 PM
What's happening, any errors?

Author: HoosierBean One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5326 of 10363
Subject: Re: Quickbooks Pro 2003 Date: 11/4/2004 3:26 PM
I've had numerous problems backing up QBooks to multiple diskettes. Apparently the file can easily be corrupted in this case (on the diskettes). Everything would seem fine until I went to restore the backup on another computer; QBooks would start the restore process and then mysteriously quit restoring the file. I had to go back to the computer that had the most recent copy of the file and redo the backup process, always checking the option to "verify data integrity" or the like. My life has been a lot easier since I stopped using floppy disks!

Author: SixSigmaBB Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5327 of 10363
Subject: Re: Quickbooks Pro 2003 Date: 11/4/2004 5:49 PM
The problem that you are having is that the floppy disks you are using are likely bad / damaged. QuickBooks can write the file to the disks, but because the disks are bad, it can't restore from them.

Get a new set of 3 1/2" disks and format them on the laptop. Then backup the data to the disks. Take the new disks to the other computer and restore them.

The data file on the laptop should be fine with no need for a verify btw.

SixSigmaBB

Author: Donna405 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5330 of 10363
Subject: Re: Quickbooks Pro 2003 Date: 11/4/2004 7:29 PM
Mike, there were no errors noted.

Donna

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement