UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: BenDover101 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 61  
Subject: Quicken 2005 Date: 8/16/2004 11:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Has anyone purchased the Quicken 2005? AND - is it much better than the 2004 version -- or about the same??

Thanks all
Print the post Back To Top
Author: madmaxmedia Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 41 of 61
Subject: Re: Quicken 2005 Date: 11/5/2004 5:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Just getting started with 2004 myself, but remember reading about some controversy with 2005-

http://www.desktoppipeline.com/trends/trends_archive/showArticle.jhtml?articleId=46802670&printableArticle=true

Intuit's latest version of Quicken has been causing headaches for users who are upgrading to the new software. Users of Quicken 2005, released on August 11, are finding that it doesn't support their old bill-paying service, CheckFree, and instead uses a different company to process their financial information, without their knowledge.

In addition, Quicken 2005 imposes a new file format that isn't compatible with information from many banks, credit unions, and other financial institutions, making it difficult to import transactions that used to be accessible with previous versions.

And users are complaining that tech support for the conversion is lacking.

Author: jimchugi Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43 of 61
Subject: Re: Quicken 2005 Date: 11/30/2004 4:44 PM
I suggest taking a look at

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=21676096

There's a board just for Quicken there and it's quite active. In comparison this place is deathly quiet.

I just posted an appeal there for help with a problem I'm having with Q2005.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement