UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (23) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: lorenzo2 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10363  
Subject: Quicken has a life of its own... Date: 8/3/2006 9:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I've been using Quicken since the mid-90s, I guess, and recently updated from Q2003 to Q2006. I have to admit that I'm a bit old-fashioned; I don't connect to banks or brokerages, and prefer to enter transactions of all kinds manually.

I was noodling around a bit, and in a moment of madness, clicked on the "Download Quotes" button. Sure enough, in a flash I got up-to-date quotes on a pile of stocks and ETFs. But I also received a bunch of links to stories associated with most of my stocks. So in the Portfolio view, along with the name of a stock (JPM, say), I now have a little icon - I guess it's supposed to be a newspaper, or maybe a report. And if I put my cursor on that little icon, I see a list of links to stories about that stock, all by way of Yahoo! Finance. Clicking on those links brings up a small browser window showing the linked article.

Well, all that creeps me out. I can find my own news articles, and I'd rather not have a program loaded with my financial stuff connecting to Yahoo! or anyplace else. (Did I mention I'm a bit old-fashioned?)

So - in the future, I'll stay away from the "Download Quotes" button. But how do I get rid of these goofy little icons? Am I stuck with these lists of articles forever?

Lorenzo
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (23) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Mylan Transitioning from Generics
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement