No. of Recommendations: 0
Can anyone help me?

TMF Radish suggested I post my question to you people and maybe someone could.

May 11 Comcast had a "spinoff" which gave me 20 Comcast Corp-Special Cl A shares to add to my original 20 Comcast Corp-Cl A shares. Quicken "help" told me to go to "EasyAction" in my Investment Register, down to "Advanced," and over to "Corporate Securities Spinoff." I did this and when I tried to put "00" in the Cost place, it said "Please enter a non-zero price." Well, the shares didn't cost me anything, so how could I? I fooled around and finally just did a "ShrsIn" thing and then when I--at long last--got it to accept the transaction, it no longer puts anything into the Percentage Increase column in my portfolio. It bugs me because the total percentage up or down of my portfolio is now off all the time.

Not only that, but in my AOL portfolio things are worse because I don't know what to do there at all.

I may have another question on the Cisco split of June 21, but I think I got the info to fix that from our TMF friend.

Does anyone know what to do? I have Quicken Deluxe 98.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement