UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: WoodWorkerSteve Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10390  
Subject: Quicken Support Date: 4/18/2005 11:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Has anyone tried to use Quicken support (the chat option) lately? I am currently trying right now to get a question answered - have been connected for over 1 hour with this technician and still can't get a simple answer to my question. How incredibly frustrating. He is trying to tell me that I cannot split a loan payment (from a paycheck) into a principal loan account and an interest payment. So I ask what is the 'employe paid loan' option within the 'after tax deduction' section of the paycheck function for? I don't know of too many loans that are interest free. I've asked it 4 times and have yet to get an answer.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: lamourish One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6224 of 10390
Subject: Re: Quicken Support Date: 4/20/2005 8:36 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Sadly, that sounds BETTER than my experiences...

Author: nobears Big gold star, 5000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6225 of 10390
Subject: Re: Quicken Support Date: 4/20/2005 9:24 AM
Recommendations: 1
Yeah, sadly, my experiences with quicken "support" have been abysmal. Totally useless. You're better off asking your questions here, where someone who actually understands how the product works and how people might actually want to use it on a day to day basis will be able to offer advice.

Mark

Author: jturner02 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6286 of 10390
Subject: Re: Quicken Support Date: 5/9/2005 9:57 PM
<<Has anyone tried to use Quicken support (the chat option) lately? I am currently trying right now to get a question answered - have been connected for over 1 hour with this technician and still can't get a simple answer to my question. How incredibly frustrating. He is trying to tell me that I cannot split a loan payment (from a paycheck) into a principal loan account and an interest payment. So I ask what is the 'employe paid loan' option within the 'after tax deduction' section of the paycheck function for? I don't know of too many loans that are interest free. I've asked it 4 times and have yet to get an answer.>>

Hope this is not too late for the OP, but I believe that the reason this will not work is that Quicken does not any splits inside of splits. Since a paycheck is a split transaction, you can not have any splits (like a loan payment) within the paycheck.

I believe your only option would be to transfer the "loan payment" to another account and then create the split as a separate transaction.

JT

Author: WoodWorkerSteve Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6294 of 10390
Subject: Re: Quicken Support Date: 5/11/2005 9:42 PM
Thanks for the input. I actually was contacted by Intuit Customer Support after posting my message, and was told the same thing. Based on what I learned from Intuit, there was a situation with chat support that needed addressing (based upon experiences like mine) and they have since addressed it. I haven't tried it since, but hopefully it has improved. I will continue to post messages here, as I do think it is a fantastic resource. Thanks for the help.

Steve

Author: markcov One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6439 of 10390
Subject: Re: Quicken Support Date: 6/20/2005 2:46 PM
I believe your only option would be to transfer the "loan payment" to another account and then create the split as a separate transaction.

You could also just list both transactions within the paycheck. I.E.

---After Tax Deductions----
* Interest Exp $X.xx
* [Transfer to Loan] $Y.yy

Then you wouldn't have to create another transaction for the split.

markcov

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement