UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: gemini1 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10395  
Subject: quicken vs microsoft money Date: 7/28/2000 11:40 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have quicken and now I am having problems with portfolio export that I hven't been able to resolve yet....thinking of buying Microsoft money...any thoughts? Is it basically the same? anyone have problems with it?
thanks for any help
Deb
Print the post Back To Top
Author: yupdog One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 336 of 10395
Subject: Re: quicken vs microsoft money Date: 7/29/2000 10:26 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
...thinking of buying Microsoft money...any thoughts?...

I've been using Intuit products for 9 years. The "portfolio" section has always had some glitches but they are actively trying to resolve these problems as I understand.

On a positive note, not once have I seen the CEO of Intuit any where near a federal court; let alone in one for trying to manipulate the consumer and his right to a free market!

After 9 years, Quicken products have consistantly been the most stable and reliable windows based programs on my 5 computers.

Just my opinion but I plan on staying away from MS products until after the dust settles from the changes ordered by the court. Even the best of companies in transition will require some time to work out new problems, let alone Microsoft!

Later....

Shep

Author: parkerson Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 369 of 10395
Subject: Re: quicken vs microsoft money Date: 8/6/2000 3:22 PM
Recommendations: 1
yupdog wrote:
[On a positive note, not once have I seen the CEO of Intuit any where near a federal court; let alone in one for trying to manipulate the consumer and his right to a free market!]

How's that for a low blow! When you can't attack the product, attack the company that makes the product.

Before you get too smug, remember that several years ago Intuit was all too happy to sell itself to Microsoft. It was the DOJ that blocked the purchase.

-Andy "Tired of useless MS bashing" Parkerson

Author: yupdog One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 377 of 10395
Subject: Re: quicken vs microsoft money Date: 8/8/2000 10:35 AM
...When you can't attack the product, attack the company that makes the product...

I sincerely apologize if my remarks offended you. The statement you quoted was taken out of text, and was intended to be delivered "tongue in cheek" with the overall message of my post.

MS Windows, (in my opinion), in it's time was the best thing to happen to personal computing. Microsoft brought personal computing from infancy to adulthood with an easy to use GUI that has created a standard for the industry. For those of us typing in countless lines of code to make our applications understandable to our clients, it is a valuable tool.

However..., things, (in my opinion), have somehow gotten out of hand. The windows registry has taken away the ablility of the average user to control the content and security of his/her system. We have somehow regressed back to trusting our data to someone else who can make sense of the language that controls almost every aspect of our windows based system. Basic DOS commands I have used for 20 years to troubleshoot and repair systems are disappearing 1 by 1 with each new version of windows. Etc., Etc....

It is unfortunate the government had to intervene. A company that was a little less "smug" would not have pushed things that far.

Again, I apologize for my unprofessional remarks. I too am tired of "useless MS bashing" without qualification.

Later....

Shep

Author: mjfried Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 473 of 10395
Subject: Re: quicken vs microsoft money Date: 9/8/2000 9:39 PM
FWIW, I took the remark to be simply an attempt at humor, not really MS bashing. I, too, get tired of it, even though I understand it too well, being a long time Windows user and programmer.

You can download a 1 or 2 month trial of Money from Microsoft's web site. It's pretty big. I tried it recently, after getting frustrated many times with Quicken. After about 1/2 hour, I decided Quicken wasn't so bad after all. Perhaps if I gave it more time, I'd get used to it, but I didn't think it was worth spending the time, so I'll stick with Quicken.

Marty

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement