UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: KLTolly One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10381  
Subject: Quicken2009 issues - cannot run program Date: 2/7/2009 10:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi All-

I upgraded from Quicken 2006 to Quicken 2009 a few weeks ago. I've used Quicken successfully for about 10 years now, so I'm not totally unfamiliar with some of their quirks, however...

Quicken "froze" on Wednesday night in the middle of a one-step update. Since that time, I am unable to open the program at all. Attempts to open result in a brief hourglass, the window starting to open, then suddenly disappearing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program several times, and still cannot get it to open. When I click "run Quicken now" from the end of the install, the frame of the window appears, with the Quicken logo in the center, then returns me to my desktop without reappearing.

I went to the support site for the program, and found that this is an identified problem; there was a link to download an updated mapi32.dll file, with the notation that in some cases, a reboot would be necessary. This step has not solved the problem, either. There does not seem to be anything on the support site as to what to try when their resolution does not work.

I have also attempted a system restore to Tuesday night, when Quicken was functioning normally, which did not help. I can find no other resolutions on their support site.

I do back up my files at least weekly, on 2 alternating DVDs. I attempted to open the file from my last backup, and received the error message that Quicken was already open and running. I did verify through task manager that this was not the case. No other programs have been installed or changed since this issue started, so there should not be any "new' conflicts.

Any suggestions for something else I might have overlooked?

TIA

KLTolly
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Netflix Riles Investors
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement