UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: globalist2013 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 267391  
Subject: Re: Genomic Health's health Date: 1/3/2013 4:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Quill,

You're an unending wealth of info, and your willingness to do your homework is what makes you the fat money you earn in markets.

No, I didn't even know there was a Nissan app. I do have several versions of the program Morris and North collaborated on, CandlePower. It isn't free, and its DOS-based roots show through. But the underlying programing is solid. Whether money could be made with it is a whole 'nother matter and something I've never gotten serious about. Ditto MetaStock. I've got the program and tinker with it from time to time. But my real focus the past twelve years has been bonds, and nothing but bonds, hundreds of positions that have done well for me. But the opportunities for investors in that market have been winding down. Hence, my need to get a new gig going and the reason I've been looking at the other usual suspects, stocks, ETFs, currencies, commodities, but not options, because I don't like the game. I broke even on an experiment I ran last summer. But I'd just as soon avoid them the rest of my life as being an unnecessary complication.

There's 80-100 some traditionally recognized candle patterns that are traditionally are divided into two groups: those that predict reversals and those that confirm continuations. Many of the patterns occur very infrequently, and almost none of them have a better "reliability" than a coin-flip when tested across large data bases. However, when conditions are right, e.g., a Doji on light volume occurring at what looks to be be an orderly downtrend, probabilities become good that prices will reverse, because the sellers have finished their selling. Ditto Dojis at trend tops on light volume for the same sorts of reasons, both of which have their explanation in the "Action-Reaction, Thrust and Parry" that market players are constantly doing that investors --to their harm- don't pay attention to.

I don't use the Nija platform. In fact, I avoid it. In its early day,s I used it and found it to be buggy. If I need a simple order-entry front-end, there's more reliable ones out there for which I have a license. If I need an analysis program, I've got others: AmiBroker, OmniTrader, MetaStock, CandlePower, plus, of course, Excel, which is plenty enough to create and implement a trading program.

Don't get overwhelmed by the variety of candle patterns. Six to ten setups is all you need to capture 95% of the effectiveness of the method. Let me run some errands, and I'll PM you whatever I have that might be worth looking at.

Charlie
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement