Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19224  
Subject: Re: SS COLA 2012 Date: 9/27/2011 11:56 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
"--fleg, who'd rather continue to pay what he's paying than to pay lower Medicare premiums and face the increasing wait times as docs drop out of Medicare in growing numbers "

My insurance dropped from $360/month.....to about the same when I went on Medicare....

now..i went from a private BC/BS individual policy with 2000 deductible, 200 deductible on drug plan.....and 30% copay up to 5K.....

to

no copay...no deductible....Medicare..for about 320/month including cheapier Walmart drug plan (200 deductible) . only med I take is 10 buck a quarter generic.

My doc still takes Medicare....same for the heart doc.....

So far so good....

I'm paying about the same, but will have no deductible. Just got done with stress test and echo-cardiogram...I suspect that would have cost me $2000 before I turned 65. Now, zippo.....plus the heart doc is probably $150/visit or more..now zippo.

On a diet so I don't have to visit too often. Need to lose 15 lbs. Going to be eating lots of salads and frozen low cal dinners. I eat out too much and enjoy it....

t.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
TMFDeej's CAPS Blog

Name of the Game: Tax Avoidance
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement