Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
"
We have no one. Her remaining sib* (her sister) is incompetent to manage money in any amount. My sibs are near my age (old). For the moment, we have the Countess's parents in the executor position. Her parents have the Countess as an executrix, a sensible choice.

We would also welcome any advice. Our wills have certain distributions specified, with a bank to handle the distribution. Our mutual funds have secondary beneficiaries. I don't like to think of my SIL blitzing through our hard-earned (and hard-saved) money."

I have a sister who is two years younger. So far, she is it.

I have nephew and a niece......nephew would be OK...but he is busy working and doing an estate is not easy if there is a house to be sold, etc. Long distance..... Niece is not all that good with money and now has a kid to keep her busy.

So...as long as sis is alive and in in good mental health...she is it. If she dies or becomes unable or unwilling, then I'll have to decide what to do.

BIL got pancreatic cancer. Still recovering from chemo and radiation....really did a number on him. He is my age. Not good.....like 7% survival rate after 5 years for that cancer. or maybe 14%. Either way, not good.

t.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement