UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: GardenStateFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 881768  
Subject: Re: Soon to be popular money saving tip Date: 4/12/2013 2:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 10
"According to the results of a 15-year study in France published Wednesday, bras provide no benefits to women and may actually be harmful to breasts over time."

As the study says, it does not break this down by breast size.

I was a 34DD by my sixteenth birthday, and only got bigger from there.

I was wearing a 44H after my second child. And that's only because if you actually measured me, they didn't have that size, so I increased the band size to accommodate.

(For people who may not know, bra sizes have two aspects to their measurement: the number, which is the size of the band that goes around your body, and the letter, which is the cup size, which is the size of the breast itself. Bras start at AA and go pretty high, but there are all kinds of craziness at the large end. A DD sometimes equals an E, and there are F, G, H, and I've seen as high as K. Anything larger than a DD comes in white or nude, black if you're incredibly lucky, and is usually ugly as sin. And expensive.)

I had a reduction and for the first time in my life I could conceive of not having to wear a bra. Previously, it was a flat-out physical necessity. They can talk about "developing muscle tissue to compensate" all they want but unless I was about to develop pects & shoulders like The Rock, my back hurt within a half hour of going braless.

I still wear one all the time because I am not comfortable (mentally) going without one and I work in a professional environment. When I work from home and sit on my couch in my jammies with my laptop, sometimes I'll forgo one, but rarely.

As for *jogging* without one? My brain hurts at the idea, never mind my back!

GSF
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement