Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
"Ah, but Saratoga Springs is warm in the winter. Lake George is an hour north of here and higher altitude.

Lots of great eateries and the downtown is warm and lively through those cold winter nights.

The Saratoga Spa park has cross country skiing and ice skating!

Fun winters.

Honest.

:)

Donna "

--

Hey Donna...I spent 4 years in Troy NY. It got down to 25 below zero..and Troy NY is 40 miles south of Saratoga Springs.

It's friggin' cold up that way in winter..days are 'short' due to the northern latitude.

Yeah, downtown Saratoga is 'active' if you can get there in the ice and snow......and find a place to park (hard).....

My parents/mom always bugged out before the snow started to fly in November.

Heck, I remember snow storms in October up that way..and May is still barely 'spring' up that way.

You can have it!

And you better check your geography - Lake George is at about 353 feet AMSL at the Lake Shore where my sister's house is. Saratoga Springs is at 300 feet. Wow....50 foot difference in elevation.

You can have your 8 months of cold, miserable, dark winters with snow and ice and sub zero temps.The older I get the less and less I like winters.

t.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement