No. of Recommendations: 1
"Art is a libertarian--sort of." - lindytoes

Okay, I am a Libertarian in the sense that I believe there needs to be some limit as to how much power the government has in our lives. I hear some government schemes and I immediately reach for my wallet because I know it ain't gonna be free. It seems to me sometimes that bigwigs in government stay up nights dreaming up new ways to tax us.

But there are some things I think the government does well like building roads and bridges, protecting us from foreign invaders, and taking care of the sick and the elderly. The government is sort of like a friendly Vampire in our lives that we always need to keep a wary eye on to make sure it doesn't devour us. The Vampire might have good intentions but sometimes it gets ravenously hungry and it thinks of ways of get more blood out of us. That's when I reach for my wallet.

For the record I am against war in a general sense. To be honest I was NOT against the Iraq or Afghanistan war at the beginning. I was so stupid that I thought "that's a good idea, let's go invade another country and destroy it from the inside out." I was not intuitive or prophetic enough to see what was going to happen long term down the road.

If we were smart we should have learned more from the Israelis and send Ninjas in to take out the people who wanted to hurt us. We should have been more surgical leaving the infrastructure of the countries instead of sending them back to the stone age.

I just think the United States needs to quit getting involved in so many damn wars. Quit invading other countries. I hope down the road if I hear another war I am smart enough to be against it from the beginning instead of ten years down the road.

Art
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement