Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
"Art....I think I need to learn more about this??? NDE?"- Birgit

Near death experiences and deathbed visions have been around for thousands of years. Plato, in his book "The Republic" actually tells the story about a soldier named "Er" who died on the battlefield and then 10 days later as they were gathering up the bodies to be cremated Er woke up and described having been in another place. Er also said that he could no longer live as he had been living because the experience had changed him so much.

Deathbed visions and nearing death awareness are experiences that dying people have close to to the time they are dying. They see their deceased relatives and have conversations, saying things like they a deceased loved one is there and they are going on a trip. My two favorite books, written by hospice nurses are "Final Gifts" written by Maggie Callanan and Patricia Kelly, and "Visions, Trips, and Crowded Rooms" written by David Kessler. Both books are excellent and very comforting and uplifting. They are both easy reads and can be read in a couple of days.

Art
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement