Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
"As much fun as golf or any other single activity may be, it won't be enough to fill an entire life"

Although I agree in principal, my folks retired with one hobby a a piece. My dad fished and my mom loved crafts, there was a slew of them, but other then from the elobow down they didn't really differ that much, needle point, plastic canvas, crochet, and a few others. They never branched out and were happier than any two people I have seen in my life. So folks is all different, a lot of other folks ended up drawn to my mother and her crafts and she ended up with an entourage of people who never intended to do this crazy stuff all making heart shaped clocks with mail slots and a place to put your keys and such. So I don't worry all that much about having a lot of hobbies. If your a person with an upbeat attitude and believe retirement is going to be good, Iam pretty sure it will be!

Personally, although I do look forward to spending years exploring our countries history and sites as well as some other stuff including staying young by finding ways to stay involved with kids I don't see a value for lists and spending my time now looking for stuff I will do later. I'm still enjoying basketball while I have knees that work!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement