UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 757791  
Subject: "baby on board' signs - cause accidents Date: 10/11/2012 8:46 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Nearly two million drivers have had accidents due to ‘Baby On Board’ signs and children’s toys that obscure their view, according to alarming new research.

One in 20 motorists says stickers and playtime paraphernalia are to blame for a collision - equivalent to 1.85 million of Britain’s 37 million drivers.

A OnePoll survey commissioned by price comparison website Confused.com found that 37 per cent of parents have displayed signs and four out of five of them believe they improve safety.

But 46 per cent admit doing so at all times - regardless of whether or not their child is in the car - and 15 per cent confess they only have them for their novelty value.

The poll of 2,000 drivers also found that and 46 per cent of drivers regard them as a hazard and 33 per cent say they are tacky.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2215925/Baby-Board-s...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

---

Never having the need for a Baby On Board sign, I can't give first hand experience.....

But I don't have any other sign, decal, Obama 2008 or Obama 2012 sticker on my car.....

Those Obama 2008 stickers are definitely a disaster.

t.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: bdluckyshot Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648233 of 757791
Subject: Re: "baby on board' signs - cause accidents Date: 10/11/2012 8:51 AM
Recommendations: 1
But I don't have any other sign, decal, Obama 2008 or Obama 2012 sticker on my car.....

Those Obama 2008 stickers are definitely a disaster.

Those signs have proven to lead to train wrecks moreso than car accidents.

Author: beaconclks Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648245 of 757791
Subject: Re: "baby on board' signs - cause accidents Date: 10/11/2012 9:10 AM
Recommendations: 2
Nearly two million drivers have had accidents due to ‘Baby On Board’ signs and children’s toys that obscure their view, according to alarming new research.

Those signs are a perfect reflection of some of the idiocy of the "touchy-feely" (overly)protect-kids-at-all-ridiculous-cost generation.

What's the message suppose to suggest? I'm a careful driver no matter who is in the vehicles around me.

Any when I'm walking through a parking lot at the mall in the middle of summer or winter, and see one of those stupid "Baby on Board" signs hanging on a window of a parked car, I'm I suppose to call the police and alert them that there's a baby left alone in a parked car?

If the car owner doesn't ever remove the sign, how are we suppose to know when there really is a baby on board? Goes along with helmets for Big-Wheels.

Everybody is precious, not just babies..... JMHO

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648247 of 757791
Subject: Re: "baby on board' signs - cause accidents Date: 10/11/2012 9:13 AM
One sign I'd like to put on my car is "Get off the dang phone and DRIVE"

Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648282 of 757791
Subject: Re: "baby on board' signs - cause accidents Date: 10/11/2012 11:40 AM
My theory is that all those kids growing up in over protective weener parental households end up going one of two ways:

- outright rebellion on there way to become eventual darwin award recipients or Jackass movie contestants

- total indoctrination acceptance....future metrosexual wimps.

decath

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement