UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 749433  
Subject: Re: 997 Bottles Of Beer On The Wall Date: 1/18/2013 1:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
"Cars back then had a 'float' in the carburetor. After years and years, it would get gas-logged and no longer float. That flooded the carburetor and you had to keep your foot on the gas, otherwise it would flood and stop running. Not expensive to repair. A few dollars for the part....Yeah...cars back then made lots of noise and smoke but a standard mid level Lexus will beat nearly all the muscle cars back then and a nice quiet car today will clobber the 'big' cars from way back when. No noise, no smoke, just smoothly and quickly." - tele
-----------------

It's amazing isn't it? The first car I ever bought and owned myself was a 1965 Ford Falcon with a V-8 289 engine in it. It was white with a black stripe and I loved that car. It had an 8 track tape player in it and I'd be playing The Rolling Stones, or Johnny Winters, or Creedence Clearwater Revival, or John Denver or The Carpenters, depending on which girl I was going out with. I thought I was hot stuff.

The other day I was thinking about how much my white Nissan Sentra sort of looks a little bit like my old white Falcon. Not too much difference in size, same color, almost the same shape except my Falcon was more square and had a bigger engine, but boy is my Sentra easier to take care of.

I actually used to change out the points, plugs, and condensor on my Falcon, change the oil, even did the brake pads a couple of times. It was a whole lot more work than my Sentra is, and my Nissan Sentra gets way better gas mileage.

Art
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Apple

Wal-Mart Nixes Apple Pay
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement