Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I recieved my brokers 1099 stock transaction form and one of the listed items reads:


I assume this is a "excess" half a share that I recieved in a split. My question is do I list this on SCH D along with my other transactions or do I listed it somewhere else on my return? If I don't list it on Schedule D won't that cause a discrepency on the "Stock Total Proceeds" on my tax return and the information that the IRS recieved from my broker?

Thanks in advance for your input.


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.