UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (31) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 744743  
Subject: Re: The Change is Complete Date: 11/8/2012 11:18 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
"Catherine: Northern MI is nice. Just ask your friend Art." - wolverine

Northern Michigan is gorgeous in the summer. It's like this best kept secret. I was surprised there weren't more tourists up there when we were there. When it was in the 100's and like 98 degrees down in Tennessee when we were up near Charlevoix, Michigan the daily temps were in the 70's and the night time temps were in the low 50's and it even got down to 49 degrees one night.

Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park near Travis City, Michigan was voted the most beautiful place in America. The upper pennisula isn't too shabby either. The waters of Lake Huron as you go over the Mackinac Bridge look like the Caribbean, crystal clear with sort of a torquoise color to them. Very cold and clear.

In Gaylord, Michigan they have a farmer's market and I bought this 11 lb Salmon (caught by Indians in Lake Huron) for $2.29/lb. I cooked the whole thing on my brother's gas grill. It was delicious. It was difficult to turn over because it was so big so if and when I go back up there I think I will fillet the fish to make it easier to cook on the grill. The 2X a week farmer's market in Gaylord was fun by the way.

Art
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (31) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement