Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMBFAverageJoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 96049  
Subject: "Contractual obligations" suck Date: 11/18/2012 4:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Twelve seconds to go in regulation, Cowboys 2d down on the Cleveland 5, trailing by 3, when the announcement comes:

'Due to contractual obligations we will now switch to the San Diego-Denver game after these messages."

And then boom, I'm watching a %$#* pest control commercial.

Twelve seconds? I can see if it's several minutes, but 12 seconds? The Cowboys kicked a filed goal to go into overtime, and now, ten minutes later the game is still dragging on endlessly, but at the time there was no way to know that. There's gotta be a better way than that.

~aj
Print the post Back To Top
Author: sykesix Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92863 of 96049
Subject: Re: "Contractual obligations" suck Date: 11/18/2012 5:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
That truly sucks.

Author: SmallBear94 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92877 of 96049
Subject: Re: "Contractual obligations" suck Date: 11/19/2012 8:22 AM
There IS a better way than that. It is called NFL Sunday ticket.

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92878 of 96049
Subject: Re: "Contractual obligations" suck Date: 11/19/2012 10:03 AM
i

There IS a better way than that. It is called NFL Sunday ticket.

I thought that was Direct TV only..

(but then, I'm always missing the ends of games
because I DVR then

Author: sonofed Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92881 of 96049
Subject: Re: "Contractual obligations" suck Date: 11/19/2012 11:09 AM
Recommendations: 1
I had the opposite experience. Channel 3 in Hartford inexplicably forced me to miss most of the 1st quarter of the Pats/Colts game because they chose to broadcast the Cowboys/Browns through the entire OT.

I was praying for the "contractual obligation" message but it never came. Heck I would have been happy if Heidi started playing. Anything to make the Cowboys game end.

Felt like the longest OT in history.

Steve

Author: ziggy29 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92888 of 96049
Subject: Re: "Contractual obligations" suck Date: 11/19/2012 5:46 PM
While on the subject of the Cowboys telecast, what I thought was really stupid was to have both the Cowboys and Texans playing at the same time, both carried by CBS. It doesn't happen often, but IMO it shouldn't happen at all.

Author: TMBFAverageJoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92889 of 96049
Subject: Re: "Contractual obligations" suck Date: 11/19/2012 7:21 PM
"Cowboys and Texans playing at the same time, both carried by CBS"

Maybe it was meant to be a commemorative telecast of two teams at a crossroads. Houston rising and Dallas falling.

~aj

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92894 of 96049
Subject: Re: "Contractual obligations" suck Date: 11/20/2012 12:59 AM
While on the subject of the Cowboys telecast, what I thought was really stupid was to have both the Cowboys and Texans playing at the same time, both carried by CBS. It doesn't happen often, but IMO it shouldn't happen at all.

There are a gadzillion factors that shape a schedule. Intra-state conflicts is just one small factor.

Maybe this was a nod to the bars across Houston and Dallas in Texas. They certainly got a boost out of this. Most of the bars these days have literally 30-40 high def TV's in their space.

Because of the scheduling, I had to visit a bar this past Sunday in my 'hood. I have a very nice 46-inch high-def TV at home. But because I live in Dallas and they were playing Cowboys on CBS at noon, and I wanted to also watch the Houston Texans at noon, I had to go out to a bar.....but I did wind up with a number of a nice girl, though LOL.

She never returned my call.....that b*tch. <g>

Author: TMBFAverageJoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92896 of 96049
Subject: Re: "Contractual obligations" suck Date: 11/20/2012 2:07 AM
"She never returned my call.....that b*tch. <g> "

Give her a few days. Maybe she's just down for maintenance.

~aj

Author: bdluckyshot Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92898 of 96049
Subject: Re: "Contractual obligations" suck Date: 11/20/2012 6:51 AM
Recommendations: 1
I did wind up with a number of a nice girl, though LOL.

She never returned my call.....that b*tch. <g>

You should have expected that when the first four digits of her number were 1-800.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement